Monday, October 8, 2012

Brrr! It's Cold Out There!


I'm not a morning person, especially as fall and winter creep in. I like being woken up by sunlight streaming in through the window, and as the days get shorter and more overcast, this happens less and less. L actually got a HappyLight for me last year for my birthday, but we just set it up last week. I turn it on in the mornings to mimic the effect of being woken up by bright sunshine.

But that wasn't what got me out of bed today. When I checked the temperature (37 degrees Fahrenheit), I got all excited about Mushroom wearing her coat!

I'm not actually sure if she needs it yet. Last winter, she was a shivering mess, but she's held it together pretty well so far. We figured we'd start getting her used to it early, and plus, she looks so hilarious adorable!

LOL

Hehehehe

Stop laughing at me! =(
 
Badger wears his winter coat year-round

Have your dogs started wearing coats yet?

P.S. Thanks for the support on my last post. Yesterday we saw the same woman and her dog, but this time the dog was leashed. Yay, improvement!

10 comments:

  1. Cute coat! My pups have hoodies but it's never cold enough to wear them:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cute coat! I'd love to get a happy light - I've been eyeing one for awhile! Do you feel like they work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I've been more willing to get out of bed in the mornings, despite the fact that the weather is still gross.

      Delete
  3. Nice coat, Mushroom looks so cute in it! Maggie & Duke don't wear coats until it's really cold, 30 degrees or so. Their fur looks short but it's about 2" long, my mom always can tell where the dogs have been after we visit by the white hairs stuck in the rug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable coat!! I love dressing up Trinity although she didnt need her winter coat for very long last year. But now that i have Kylie I need to order cute clothes for her short fur and lack of furn on her little belly :( but shes so small that i can get cute, cheep coats for her! There gonna be matching in there Zack & Zoey hoodies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mushroom also has no fur on her belly, but her coat only covers her back. I'm hoping it will be enough, as I'm not sure that she'll allow me to squish her into a hoodie.

      Delete
  5. Love, love love it! Mushroom looks adorable in her plaid frock, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just letting you know: L was quite amused by your use of the word "frock". =)

      Delete
  6. Oh...love that coat! We have a wake up light, but it's on E's side so I don't get that much of the effect, though we were looking into another. Let us know how you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light is on my side of the bed, but it's big and bright enough for L to see it. It's maybe 2 ft tall by 1 ft wide? Also, our bed is on the floor, so the light is basically at face level.

      Delete