Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!


For Memorial Day weekend, I flew to Houston to attend a wedding, while Llamaentity stayed home with Badger and Mushroom. We didn't want to leave the dogs alone (albeit with a dog sitter) for two weekends in a row, so Llamaentity volunteered to stay home, as the groom was an old friend of mine.

On Sunday morning, I went for a bike ride along a paved trail. There were lots of bikers, walkers, and well-behaved dogs. Three of the dogs appeared to be bully mixes, and I even went up to one dog that slightly resembled Badger (perhaps a Boxer/pit mix?) and asked if I could pet her. I learned that her name was Lucy, and she slobbered on my hand.

I didn't bring my camera on the bike ride, so here's a picture of my sister's cat, Kina.

She's yawning or meowing or preparing to bite. I don't know; I'm pretty clueless about cats.

Did you have any unusual (or usual) animal sightings during your Memorial Day weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a yawn, unless Kina is a crack kitten who likes to pounce on people. I have a picture of Dude yawning that I should post, he looks like he's doing a "mwah ha ha" evil laugh.

    ReplyDelete